Veronica Flying offers the best gliding experience Namibia has to offer
If you love to soar with just the wind beneath your wings then you have to visit Aru Game Lodges. We now offer Veronica Flying – a full service airfield at Farm Veronica, which is available in the offseason period, from November to January. Veronica is the easternmost sailing center in Namibia. We fly in the summertime, when hot and arid weather induces thermals for the best flight conditions.
Excellent thermal conditions will easily carry you across the border to Botswana and back, in one day. Explore scenic landscapes from the air; the views from the glider cockpit are spectacular.
We have two extra length runways, making landing and take-off comfortable with easy safety margins. We maintain high safety standards by offering pilot briefing, navigational maps, flight information service, maintenance of runways, support by qualified runway staff, weekly glider and engine checks, and tracking on the Open Glider Network (OGN).
This is the opportunity for pilots to test their abilities and rack up their air miles. Flights of 300 – 500 km in distance are common, even though flights of 1000 km are achievable.
Guests are welcome to glide in on private aircraft and stay in our luxurious accommodation for some much needed down-time. Please note that our gliding facilities are only for qualified pilots, but we can arrange an Air Flight Experience (AFE) for interested parties.
Life at the Lodge
Veronica is set in a typical Kalahari savannah landscape with red dunes and majestic shepherd’s and camelthorn trees complementing the breathtaking surroundings. The main building is superbly perched on the crest of a dune, and offers a tranquil setting with panoramic bushveld vistas. The luxurious en-suite chalets pay tribute to the great passion and personal touch that went into the construction and decoration of our family-run establishment. All twenty chalets offer privacy, which ensures a feeling of experiencing unspoiled Africa.
Our exceptional service and attention to detail is what sets us apart from other game lodges of the same caliber. Come experience the warmth of our Namibian hospitality, whilst using optimal facilities to enjoy sport gliding.
Booking Enquiry Form
Terms & Conditions
Terms of payment:
- Deposit of 50% of total daily rates is payable on confirmation of booking
- No refund of deposit can be made if client cancels less than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Safari can be re-booked within 3 months of cancellation notice, without forfeiting deposit paid
- 15% admin fees will be charged on deposit paid if refunded
- All prices are subject to change
- All final payments must be in cash / credit cards at Farm Veronica before departure.
- Accommodation – fully air-conditioned
- 1% Tourism Levy
- VAT at 15% on daily rates
- Bank charges
- All meals, afternoon cake
- Coffee & tea
- Daily cleaning and laundry services
- One morning/sundowner game drive
- Pilot brieﬁng
- Flight information service
- Landing fees
- OGN/Tracking whole day
- Professional Meteorological Station
- All Beverages
- Transport costs to and from Aru Game Lodges and travel to and from Namibia
- Optional traveling costs by aircraft to and from Aru Game Lodges
- Sightseeing excursions
- Insurance and medical expenses of any kind
- Gratuities to camp / lodge staff (10% recommended)
- Oxygen & Fuel
- Free of charge for children under the age of three years.
- Half Price (3-12 Years).
- Above 12 years – full price.